By Michael Walters
Today the Anaheim Ducks(0-1-1) host the Arizona Coyotes (2-0-0) at 7:30 pm.
The Coyotes have won their first two games beating the Los Angeles Kings 4-1 and the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1. Mike Smith has played extremely well only giving up one goal in each game. His save percentage is an outstanding .971%. Tonight is going to be another battle for the Ducks.
Milestone: Kevin Bieksa will be starting in his 600th game tonight!
Keys To The Game:
1. Keep It Simple: The Ducks had a great opportunity to win in Overtime with a 4-on-3 power play against Vancouver. The Ducks need to make the simple plays and not worry about making perfect plays. More shots and more traffic will generate better scoring chances.
2. Traffic: Coyotes goalie Mike Smith is massive at 6’4″ standing in net. The Ducks need to get their forwards in front of him to block his view of the puck as much as possible.
1. Power Play: The Coyotes have yet to score on the power play going 0 for 7 in the first two games. The Ducks have played well short handed and look to continue doing so tonight.
2. Penalty Kill: The Coyotes have been short handed eight times this season and have yet to give up a goal. The Ducks need to find a way to score with the extra man.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Kesler: It’s time for Kes to ramp up his offensive game. He has played well defensively and in the face-off circle so far. Look for him to generate some good chances on the second line tonight.
2. Shawn Horcoff: He had a great opportunity in the last game splitting two defenders and creating a good scoring chance. He has skated well in the first two games. Hopefully he registers a point tonight.
1. Tobias Rieder: He is off to a fast start having scored two goals in two games. He also has an assist and has a +/- of +3. He has very good hands and offensive zone awareness.
2. Martin Hanzal: He hasn’t scored a goal yet, but he leads the team with three assists. He is a good two way player, playing responsible in all zones of the rink.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Line-up:
The only possible change in skaters for the line-up tonight is Josh Manson may be in for Clayton Stoner as reported by Eric Stephens. Also according to the Ducks Anton Khudobin will get his first start in net.
Arizona Coyotes Projected Line-up:
Ducks: Anton Khudobin 0-0-0 (Confirmed)
Coyotes: Mike Smith 2-0-0 .971 SV% 1.00 GAA (Confirmed)
We also have a podcast previewing this week’s games! Click below to listen!
You can also find the podcast here:
Click here to subscribe and listen to the podcast on iTunes: Ducks N Pucks iTunes. And if you have trouble with the link then go to iTunes and search for “ducksnpucks” in the podcast category.
Click here to subscribe and listen to the podcast on Stitcher: Ducks N Pucks Stitcher
We are on Podomatic here ducksnpucks.podomatic.com! You can listen to the most recent episode here:
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !