By Michael Walters
The struggling Anaheim Ducks (0-2-1) face the Colorado Avalanche(1-2-0) tonight at 7pm. The Ducks will play in their new 3rd jersey tonight. Please share your thoughts about it here: POLL: Ducks New Third Jersey
The Ducks have only scored one goal in their first three games. It is concerning to lose three games in row (one in a shootout), but it is more disconcerting when the team is filled with offensive talent that can’t find its touch. It has only been three games, but the Ducks are going to need to find a way to turn the ship around and in a hurry.
Keys To The Game:
1. Hungry: The Ducks need to get hungry and find the “Eye Of The Tiger”. They have shown moments of good play, but they need to get more energy in their game by cycling the puck better and getting to the loose pucks first.
2. Secondary Chances: The Ducks aren’t creating secondary scoring chances. They need to get to crash the net and get to loose rebounds to create those chances.
1. Defense: The Avalanche have given up a whooping 14 goals in just three games. If the Avalanche gives the Ducks too many chances, then it could be a shootout type game.
2. Power Play: Colorado leads the league operating a 50% success rate(5 for 10) on the power play. If the Ducks get in penalty trouble early then the Avs could jump on them quick with the man advantage.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Getzlaf: This Getzlaf’s team and he needs to find a way to motivate the entire team. They know they are capable of playing better and just need to do it on the ice.
2. Hampus Lindholm: He has been doing everything he needs to do in his game to help the Ducks on defense. Hopefully his play can carry over to the other five defensemen.
1. Francois Beauchemin: The former Duck has been busy in Colorado registering five assists already to lead the team. It will be interesting to see him on the ice in a Colorado jersey trying to defend against his former teammates.
2. Gabriel Landeskog: He has been on fire to start the season with four goals and two assists. He leads the team with six total points. He has scored on four of just five shots.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
Several sources have reported Shawn Horcoff and Mike Santorelli will sit out. Looks like Chris Wagner and Tim Jackman will draw in on the 4th line. Patrick Maroon looks to be on the top line with the twins tonight. Jiri Sekac will be on the third line and Carl Hagelin on the fourth line.
Check back here throughout the day as the lineups are updated during the day when changes are announced.
Colorado Avalanche Projected Lineup:
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 0-1-1 GAA 1.40 SV% .956 (Probable)
Avalanche: Semyon Varlamov 1-2-0 GAA 5.06 SV% .841 (Probable)
We also have a podcast previewing this week’s games! Click below to listen!
You can also find the podcast here:
Click here to subscribe and listen to the podcast on iTunes: Ducks N Pucks iTunes. And if you have trouble with the link then go to iTunes and search for “ducksnpucks” in the podcast category.
Click here to subscribe and listen to the podcast on Stitcher: Ducks N Pucks Stitcher
We are on Podomatic here ducksnpucks.podomatic.com! You can listen to the most recent episode here:
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !