By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks (1-5-2) face the Dallas Stars (6-2-0) on the tail end of back-to-back games. The Ducks played a much better game last night, but only to lose to the Chicago Blackhawks 1-0 in overtime. The Ducks are going to need a similar effort tonight against Dallas. The game starts at 5:30pm.
Keys To The Game:
1. Forecheck: The Ducks were able to get in on the forecheck and sustain it for periods of a time last night. This is the Ducks we remember from the last couple of seasons. Hopefully they can continue to play their game moving forward.
2. Puck Luck: The Ducks are creating more scoring chances and having been hitting the post, crossbar, and even top of the net. Eventually have they get to some bounces and start scoring.
1. Power Play: Dallas has the 3rd best power play in the league at a red hot 29.6%. The Ducks need to limit the penalties tonight and play as much even strength hockey as possible.
2. Scoring: Dallas is 6th in the league in terms of goals scored per game at 3.38. The Ducks defense is going to be severely tested tonight.
Players To Watch:
1. Chris Wagner: Chris continues to skate hard and make good body checks through the game. He is showing Boudreau why he deserves a spot on this roster night in and night out.
2. Corey Perry: After yesterday’s game I don’t know if Perry can even buy a goal. Perry was so close hitting the post on one chance and just missing on a few others. The goals should come, right?
1. Jamie Benn: Benn has picked up where he left off last season, scoring eight goals in eight games. He also leads the team in points(12) and power play goals(4).
2. Tyler Seguin: Seguin has played well with 12 total points (4 goals and 8 assists). He is playing on the top line with Benn and Patrick Sharp. This is one of the most deadly top lines in the league.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
Since this is a back-to-back scenario it’s unlikely the team will take part in a morning skate. The lineup may not change much with the good effort from last night. Bruce Boudreau will go with Frederik Andersen despite the back-to-back situation due to his strong play last night.
Dallas Stars Projected Lineup:
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 0-3-2 GAA 1.71 SV% .940 (Confirmed)
Stars: Antti Niemi 3-1-0 GAA 2.37 SV% .928 (Confirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !