By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(3-7-2) battle the Columbus Blue Jackets(4-10-0). The Ducks are on their first winning streak after their dramatic win over Florida and solid performance against Nashville. The Ducks look to keep the momentum going against Columbus, who has had their own struggles this season. Game starts at 7:00 PM PST.
Keys To The Game:
1. Score Early: Columbus is coming off playing Los Angeles last night. The Ducks need to score early and get Columbus on their heels in the opening period.
2. Power Play: The Ducks almost scored twice on the power play in the last game. Corey Perry scored one power play goal and Chris Stewart‘s goal was just one second after a penalty expired. The Ducks need to continue to score in the extra man situations.
1. Defense: Columbus gives up the second most goals in the league at 3.57 goals per game. They are going to have to tightened things up at the blue line to keep this game close.
2. Penalty Kill: Columbus is ranked 29th in the league with a 73.9% efficiency kill rate. They are going to need to stay out of the penalty box against the Ducks as much as possible.
Players To Watch:
1. Chris Stewart: After starting slow and getting benched one game as a result, Stewart has picked up his game. He has two goals and two assists in the last two games. He also had the game winning score in the shootout against Florida.
2. Corey Perry: Finally Scorey Perry gets on the board in the last contest. The Ducks really could use a hot streak by Perry to extend the winning streak.
1. Boone Jenner: He leads the team with seven goals and also has two power play goals. He can play wing or center and is a big presence in front of the net.
2. Scott Hartnell: He is tied for second in goals with five and total points with nine. He likes to crash the net and can play well defensively too.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
The Ducks have called up Harry Zolnierczyk. He has scored two goals, one assist, and has one power-play goal in eight games with San Diego this season.
Rickard Rakell went out with an upper body injury in the last game and is not practicing today. Ryan Getzlaf looks to play tonight for the first time since his appendectomy. Josh Manson will also play tonight after missing several games.
Columbus Blue Jackets Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 2-5-2 GAA 2.03 SV% .934 (Probable)
Blue Jackets: Curtis McElhinney 0-2-0 GAA 2.40 SV% .913 (Probable)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !