By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(4-7-2) face the San Jose Sharks(7-6-0). The Ducks take their three game winning streak on the road for a game against San Jose before returning back to Anaheim. These two teams met in Anaheim’s season opener in which San Jose won 2-0. The Ducks look to play better in this rematch. Game starts at 7:30 PM PST.
Keys To The Game:
1. Repeat Performance: The Ducks did just about everything right in last night’s contest. Anaheim got the early lead, scored on the power play, and killed off their own penalties. They are going to need the same type of effort tonight.
2. Emotion: The Sharks are a team that has been able to get under the Ducks’ skin at times. If Anaheim can continue to play their game and not retaliate then they give themselves an even greater chance to win tonight.
1. Penalty Kill: The Sharks rank 27th in the league with a penalty kill rate of 75%. They need to stay out of the box as the Ducks power play has started to pick it up lately.
2. Offense: San Jose is 10th in the league in goals scored per game at 2.85. They are probably going to need to score three goals to win this contest.
Players To Watch:
1. Patrick Maroon: Maroon got his first goal of the season last night. The return of Getzlaf and the reuniting of them with Perry paid big dividends as the twins factored into three of the four goals last night.
2. Ryan Getzlaf: After missing four games due to the appendectomy, the captain returned last night and in true form. He had three assists, shot the puck more, and was 56% efficient in the face-off circle.
1. Joe Pavelski: He has led the way for San Jose with eight goals and five assists for a total of 13 points. He also leads the team with two power plays goals and three game winning goals.
2. Joel Ward: The newcomer has played well scoring seven goals already with five assists as well. The Sharks top two lines can be problematic for opposing teams with their offensive production to date this season.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup (Based on last night’s contest):
Due to the back-to-back game situation the Ducks did not skate this morning. The lineup will probably similar to last night’s which is listed below. The only real question is if Frederik Andersen will go again in net tonight or not.
The Ducks reassigned Harry Zolnierczyk to the San Diego Gulls today.
Sharks Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
Ducks: Anton Khudobin 1-2-0 GAA 4.06 SV% .875 (Confirmed)
Sharks: Martin Jones 6-4-0 GAA 2.16 SV% .923 (Confirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !