The Anaheim Ducks(5-7-2)return home to host the Arizona Coyotes(6-6-1). The Ducks are looking to extend their winning streak to five games. Tonight’s contest is at 7pm.
The Ducks are looking to play better against Arizona this time around. In their first meeting the Ducks lost 4-0 with Mike Smith earning the shutout. Anthony Duclair lead the way for the Coyotes getting his first hat trick.
Keys To The Game:
1. Second Line: With the return of Ryan Getzlaf, the Ducks top line has factored in four of the Ducks last five goals. Anaheim needs some scoring from the second line in particular Ryan Kesler and Jakob Silfverberg.
2. Score Early: During this winning streak, the Ducks have outscored their opponents 5-0 in the first period. The Ducks have also scored first in three of their last four games. Getting off to an early start has been important on this winning streak.
1. Power Play: The Coyotes have struggled on the power play operating at a league worst 11.3%. They need to work on setting up and sustaining good pressure while with the extra man.
2. Offense: Arizona is ranked 11th in the league in goals per game at 2.69. If they can limit the Ducks chances like in the previous meeting, then they can put themselves in a good position to win again.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Kesler: He has been playing well in the face-off circle and defensively. He has also been getting assists, but he is still looking for his first goal.
2. Patrick Maroon: Besides Corey Perry, Maroon is probably the second player to have benefitted the most from Ryan Getzlaf‘s return. He has a goal and assist in the last two games after being reunited on the top line with the twins.
2. Martin Hanzal: He hasn’t scored a goal yet, but he has been an assist machine for Arizona. He leads the team in total points with12 assists.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
This is the lineup from Saturday’s game against San Jose. The Ducks did not practice on Sunday. Looks like Rickard Rakell and Simon Despres are both still dealing with injuries due to the head shots they both received. Rakell skated on his own this morning.
Arizona Coyotes Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 3-5-2 GAA 2.03 SV% .935 (Confirmed)
Coyotes: Anders Lindback 1-2-0 GAA 1.67 SV .933% (Confirmed)
Click below to listen to our newest podcast discussing the Ducks winning streak and previewing this home stand.