The Anaheim Ducks(5-8-4) start their road trip today in Carolina against the Hurricanes(6-9-2). The game is at 4:00PM PST.
After the last home loss to the New York Islanders, the Ducks were busy making roster moves. Nick Ritchie and Michael Sgarbossa were brought up from San Diego. Max Friberg was sent back to San Diego. Chris Wagner was sent back down to the AHL, but had to pass through waivers a second time and was claimed by Colorado. For a full recap and analysis of the weekend moves, please visit here: Anaheim Shake-Up
If you want more news and analysis, then check out our latest podcast: Anaheim Ducks Roller Coaster
Keys To The Game:
1. Finish: The Ducks have been able to get off to good starts in the first period recently only to see the lead disappear. The Ducks need to work on getting the early lead and then keeping the pressure on for the rest of the game.
2. Chemistry: The Ducks haven’t quite looked like the team from last year. Maybe bringing up Ritchie and Sgarbossa can give this team a much needed spark.
1. Offense: Carolina has struggled to score goals this season just like Anaheim. If they can get an early lead, then they can put themselves in a great spot to win at home.
2. Shots: Carolina is 9th in the league with 30.9 shots on goal per game. Their strategy will be to get as many pucks on net as possible.
Players To Watch:
1. Corey Perry: He has found his scoring touch back recording four goals in his last four games. He almost had a hat trick against Edmonton last week.
2. Carl Hagelin: He was benched in the final period against the Islanders last Friday. Hagelin has struggled to find an identity on this Ducks team so far this season.
1. Justin Faulk: He leads the Carolina defense and team with six goals. He is a big part of the Hurricanes power play where he has scored all six goals this season.
2. Victor Rask: He is second on the team with five goals and in second in total points at 11. He is a very good playmaker and two way center.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup(Per NHL.com):
Nick Ritchie looks to make his NHL debut tonight on the second line with Kesler and Stewart. He has scored nine goal sin 12 games in San Diego and looks to provide a spark to the Ducks offensive woes. Bruce Boudreau is going to go with Anton Khudobin against his former team in net tonight.
Lineups will be updated after the morning skate so check back before game time for roster changes.
Carolina Hurricanes Projected Lineup (Per Canes Country Blog):
Ducks: Anton Khudobin 2-3-0 GAA 3.08 SV% .902% (Probable)
Hurricanes: Eddie Lack 1-3-0 GAA 3.46 SV% .865% (Probable)
Click below to listen to our newest podcast discussing the Ducks past week and previewing this home stand.
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !