By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(6-9-4) play the Florida Panthers(8-7-3) next on their road trip. This will be the second and final meeting between these two teams this year. In the first meeting, the Ducks trailed by one goal late and Corey Perry scored his first of the season to tie the game with seven seconds to go. The Ducks went on to win in a shootout. The Ducks look to rebound after their close loss to Nashville on Tuesday. Game starts at 4:30PM PST.
If you want more news and analysis, then check out our latest podcast: Anaheim Ducks Roller Coaster
Keys To The Game:
1. Forecheck: The Ducks returned to their style of play we had seen last year. They were able to get in on the forecheck and put tremendous pressure nearly sending the last game to overtime.
2. Power Play: The Ducks have been playing better on the power play, but went 0-for-5 in their last game. They need to make the most of their opportunities tonight.
1. Scoring: In 7 of their last 10 games they have scored two goals or less. Florida is likely going to need to score three goals to win tonight.
2. Power Play: The Panthers the 6th best power play unit in the league at 22.2% efficiency. It will serve the Ducks well to stay out of the sin bin as much as possible tonight.
Players To Watch:
2. Rickard Rakell: He scored a nice wrap around goal in the last game and has four points in his last four games. It looks like he has found his home on the first line.
1. Jaromir Jagr: The ageless wonder leads Florida with 14 total points (7 goals + 7 assists). He has two power play goals, one game winning goal, and a shooting percentage of 23.3%.
2. Vincent Trocheck: He is one point behind Jagr with 13 points (7 goals + 6 assists). He is a danger to score especially on the power play where he is tied for the team lead at three goals.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup(Per NHL.com):
The Ducks did not practice yesterday due to the back-to-back games. The forward lineup appears to be the same as Tuesday’s. The only change looks to be Manson in for Holzer on the defense. For more analysis read: Quack Talk: Forecheck Flashback, 3rd Line Impact
Florida Panthers Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 3-6-4 GAA 2.48 SV% .918% (Probable)
Panthers: Roberto Luongo 6-6-2 GAA 2.35 SV% .926% (Probable)
Click below to listen to our newest podcast discussing the Ducks past week and previewing this home stand.
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !