By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(11-14-5) continue their road trip with a contest against the New Jersey Devils(16-12-4). The game starts at 4PM PST.
For a recap of the last ten games, please click here: Ducks Best and Worst: Game 21-30
Keys To The Game:
1. Offense: There really isn’t much to say that hasn’t been said already. The Ducks have scored only one goal in their last two games and five goals in their last five games. It has to improve, right?
2. Power Play: The Ducks haven’t scored a goal in their last 13 power play attempts. It’s become colder than the north pole at this time of the year.
1. Defense: The Devils are 9th in goals against at 2.41 per game. If they can keep the Ducks at two goals or less, then their chances of winning this game significantly improve.
2. Power Play: The Devils have the 7th best power play at 20.9% efficiency. The Ducks have the best penalty kill at 87.5%, so look for this matchup tonight to be key.
Players To Watch:
1. Jiri Sekac: He was one of the few Ducks’ players that played with any energy for most of the previous game. He created some good chances with his speed and maybe he can break through in this game with a goal.
2. Patrick Maroon: He has had a difficult time this season in all aspects of his game. If the practice lines from yesterday hold, then he could be on the top line again with an opportunity to get things going.
1. Kyle Palmieri: Palmieri has exploded offensively for the Devils as he is tied for the team lead with 13 goals. He also has 12 assists making him second in total points(25) on NJ. He will be amped to face his old team tonight.
2. Adam Henrique: He also has 13 goals in addition to 11 assists. He has two power play goals and leads the team in game winning goals with four.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
The Ducks cancelled their morning skate today. Below is the lineup from yesterday’s practice. For more on yesterday’s practice visit: Practice Report: Time For A Shake-Up
If there are any changes in the lineup we may not know until close to game time when the pre-game skate occurs.
New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup (Per):
Jon Merrill – David Schlemko
Ducks: John Gibson 4-4-1 GAA 1.90 SV% .927% (Unconfirmed)
Devils: Keith Kinkaid 2-3-0 GAA 2.55 SV% .903% (Confirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !