By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(12-15-6) come out of the holiday break with a game at home against the Philadelphia Flyers(15-12-7) before heading out on the road again. This is the first meeting between these two teams this season. Game starts at 5PM PST.
The Ducks currently sit six points out of the likely final playoff spot in the Pacific Division. If they can play better in the second half of the season, then they can still make the playoffs. For more analysis on that and the rest of the season please visit: Anaheim: From Title Town To Trivial Town
Keys To The Game:
1. Offense: If the Ducks want to make a push for the remainder of the season, then they have to start getting it done on offense. Scoring has been hard to come by outside of the top line.
2. Power Play: After yesterday’s games, the power play is now ranked 28th in the league. They were operating at close to 30% efficiency in November, so hopefully they can get back to that kind of production.
1. Penalty Kill: The Flyers penalty kill is middle of the road in the NHL at 80.2%. With the Ducks struggles on the power play, this could be a key matchup to watch for in this game.
2. Offense: Philadelphia only averages 2.15 goals per game which is second worst in the league. If the Flyers can score two goals, then they will put themselves in a good position to win. This game may be a 2-1 type of game.
Players To Watch:
1. Chris Stewart: Stewart has six goals, which ranks third on the team. He has been the best newcomer for the Ducks offensively so far this season.
2. Corey Perry: He leads the Ducks with 11 goals and may have to take the team on his back offensively in order for them to make the playoffs.
1. Jakub Voracek: He is currently on a five game point streak with two goals and six assists. He has five goals and five assists lifetime against the Ducks in 16 games.
2. Claude Giroux; He leads he team with 11 goals and 28 total points. He is also tied for the team lead in power play goals with four.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
The lineup below is from yesterday’s practice. For more information please visit: Ducks Practice Report: The Time Is Now
Philadelphia Flyers Projected Lineup (Per):
Ducks: John Gibson 4-4-2 GAA 1.97 SV% .923% (Unconfirmed)
Flyers: Steve Mason 7-8-5 GAA 2.72 SV% .913% (Unconfirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !