By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(15-15-6) finish their road trip against the Vancouver Canucks(14-15-9). The Ducks are one point behind Vancouver and two points behind the San Jose Sharks. Tonight’s contest starts at 7PM PST.
The Ducks have played the Canucks twice this season and are 1-0-1 against them. In the first meeting on October 12th, Sami Vatanen scored in regulation and the teams ended the game tied 1-1. The Ducks eventually lost in the shootout. In the second meeting on November 30th, the Ducks dominated the Canucks 4-0. Goals were scored by Shawn Horcoff, Rickard Rakell, Jakob Silfverberg, and Corey Perry. John Gibson had the shutout in net.
A new podcast is out discussing this road trip! Click here DucksNPucks Podcast to listen or click the YouTube Video below!
Keys To The Game:
1. Defense: The Ducks have held opponents to 25 shots or less in their last 10 of 12 games. The Ducks are 7-4-1 during that streak.
2. Offense: Anaheim doesn’t need a great deal of scoring when you are able to shutout the opponent. If the Ducks can pick up the offense, then opposing teams are going to have an extremely difficult time beating Anaheim.
1. Defense: Vancouver has given up the 7th most goals this season with 107. If they can keep things tight, then this game may be another low scoring affair.
2. Shots: The Canucks average just under 30 shots per game(29.3). Andersen has played well against Vancouver (3-1-2 in last 6 starts), so the Canucks are going to throw everything they can at him in this contest.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Getzlaf: The captain has picked up his play scoring two goals in his last three games. He also came to the aid of Ryan Kesler in the melee at the end of the game against the Calgary Flames.
2. Kevin Bieksa: This is Bieksa’s first time playing in Vancouver for an opposing team. Expect Bieksa to have an extra jump in his skates tonight.
1. Daniel Sedin: He leads the team with 16 goals and 37 total points. He also leads the team with five power play goals and four game-winning goals.
2. Jannik Hansen: He is the second leading goal scorer with 12 on the season. He has five points in his last five games, including a two goal performance vs the Oilers on December 26th.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
Vancouver Canucks Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !