By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(15-15-7) start an eight game home stand against the Winnipeg Jets(18-18-2). This is the first of three games that the Ducks will play against the Jets this season. Tonight’s contest starts at 6PM PST.
A new podcast is out discussing the big home stand, injuries, and team news! Click here DucksNPucks Podcast to subscribe and listen or click the YouTube Video below!
Keys To The Game:
1. Puck Luck: The Ducks have had the worst puck luck probably in the entire league. In the last game, they hit the post/crossbar five times. If they continue creating offensive chances, then hopefully some more bounces will come their way.
2. Early Jump: The Jets just played the Sharks last night, so the Ducks need to take advantage by jumping on them early. If the Ducks can score early and play a good physical game, then I like their chances in tonight’s contest.
1. Penalty Kill: The Jets are tied for 25th in the league in penalty kill efficiency at 77.4%. They need to stay out of the sin bin tonight as the Ducks have been better on the power play in the last week.
2. Offense: The Jets are 10th in the league in goals per game at 2.71. If they can score three goals in this game, then they have a great chance of winning this contest.
Players To Watch:
1. Shea Theodore: With Cam Fowler out on the last road trip, Theodore came in and played well for the three games. He has been getting some time on the power play and almost played 19 minutes in the last game. With Fowler out another 3-5 weeks, look for Theodore’s role to increase.
2. Ryan Kesler: He got his first goal against his former Vancouver team on Friday night. It would be good to see him get going offensively as the Ducks desperately need more secondary scoring.
1. Blake Wheeler: He leads the Jets in total points with 39. He has two power play goals and two short-handed goals. He is danger to score in any game situation.
2. Bryan Little: He leads the team in goals scored with 14 and is second in total points(32). He has four points in his last four games.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
Below is the lineup from Friday’s contest. On Sunday home games there is usually only an optional morning skate, so any changes might not be known until the pregame skate. Bruce Boudreau did hint on Friday that he would be going with John Gibson in net.
Winnipeg Jets Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !