By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(17-16-7) continue the home stand against the Detroit Red Wings(21-13-7). This is the first of two meetings these teams will have this season. Tonight’s game starts at 5PM PST.
Keys To The Game:
1. Penalty Kill: Still leading the league at 89.4%, the Ducks penalty kill has been perfect on this home stand going 14 for 14. The Ducks have been blocking shots and not giving up many quality scoring chances while short-handed.
2. Comeback: The victory over the Blues marked just the third time the Ducks rallied when trailing to start the 3rd period. (Nov 4th vs Florida & Nov 24th vs Calgary). Winning those types of games is a big momentum boost for this club that used to do it with regularity last year.
1. Offense: Detroit averages just under 2.5 goals per game. If they can score at least 3 goals, then they have a good chance of winning this contest. In their last 10 contests, they have scored 3 or more goals in 5 of those games.
2. Discipline: Detroit’s penalty kill is 18th at 79.8%. They need to stay out of the box as the Ducks have picked up their scoring on the power play.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Kesler: Kesler delivered his best game of the season against the Blues. He scored two goals and nearly had a hat trick with an attempt in overtime that could have won the game. He also got in a fight with Vladimir Tarasenko. Kesler has been on fire lately with four goals in his last four games.
2. Corey Perry: He added another goal in the game against the Blues and still leads the team with 15. This past week he has been taking a beating especially in the last two games, but to his credit he still hangs around the opposing goalie’s net and sacrifices himself on every shift.
1. Dylan Larkin: He leads the team with 14 goals and is second in total points at 28. He is on a current four game point streak with a point in each game.
2. Henrik Zetterberg: He leads the teams in assists with 23 and total points of 30. He has registered three points in his last five games.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
The Ducks hold optional morning skates when they play at home on Sunday’s. Any lineup changes or starting goalie news may not be known until the pregame skate.
Detroit Red Wings Projected Lineup (Per):
Ducks: John Gibson 9-5-2 GAA 1.82 SV% .926% (Unconfirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks