By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(17-17-7) host the Ottawa Senators(20-17-6). This is the first of two meetings these teams will have this season. The Ducks are 2-2-0 on this current home stand. Tonight’s game starts at 7PM PST.
Keys To The Game:
1. Puck Luck: This team has the worst puck luck of any recent Anaheim team that I can remember. The Ducks hit the crossbar and a couple of posts in the last game against Detroit. One of the Red Wings goals was also scored on a deflection by Hampus Lindholm. It has to get better right?
2. Puck Possession: According to the NHL, the Ducks are second in Shot Attempts percentage at 54.73%. The Ducks have to continue to work the forecheck, create traffic in front of the net, and take shots at a closer range when possible.
1. Offensive: The Senators haven’t been scoring as much lately. In the last 10 games they have scored two or less goals in seven of those games. They have also been shutout twice.
2. Defense: Ottawa gives up almost three goals per game(2.95). They also allow the most shots against per game at 33.4 in the NHL. They need to tighten things up against the Ducks.
Players To Watch:
1. Shea Theodore: He has played well defensively and has seen power play time. In his last five starts, he has averaged 20:49 in ice time providing solid play. He has a great slapshot and it would great to see him blast one into the back of the net.
2. Andrew Cogliano: “Ironman” Cogliano has provided solid penalty killing and defensive play. Like most of the team he has struggled to score goals and only has three on the season. Maybe he can provide some secondary scoring on the rest of this home stand.
1. Mike Hoffman: He leads the team with 20 goals and is second in total points with 36. He is a very skilled player that will go to the front of the net and pay the price.
2. Erik Karlsson: He leads the team with 45 total points(9 goals + 36 assists). He is an extremely good two way defenseman and has four points in his last four games. Not many defensemen lead their respective team in points.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup (Per Eric Stephens):
Ottawa Senators Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks