By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(18-17-7) will square off with the Dallas Stars(29-11-4). The Ducks lost the previous meeting 4-3. The Ducks built a first period 3-0 lead on goals by Mike Santorelli, Shawn Horcoff, and Carl Hagelin. Dallas would score the next four straight goals and go on to win 4-3.
A new podcast is out discussing possible moves Anaheim could make! Click here DucksNPucks Podcast to subscribe and listen or click the YouTube Video below!
Keys To The Game:
1. Stay The Course: The Ducks have played well on this home stand excluding the Toronto game. If they can stick to their game plan of solid forechecking and good defense, then they have a good opportunity to beat the Stars tonight.
2. Turnovers: When the Ducks turnover the puck and it results in a goal, then they have been known to get down on themselves. In the last game, they didn’t get down and instead put on a show blowing Ottawa out of the arena in the final five minutes. If the Ducks can get mad and play with that fire to do better more often, then I like their chances down the stretch.
1. Offense: Dallas has posted a 4-4-2 record in their last 10 games, but they still average over three goals a game. A key matchup tonight will be their offense versus the Ducks defense.
2. Rust: The Dallas Stars last game was almost a week ago on January 9th. It will be interesting to see how they start this game tonight. I am not a big fan of going long periods of time without playing a game, unless several players are injured.
Players To Watch:
1. Shawn Horcoff: He will get to face his former team for the second time. He had one goal on two shots in the previous contest. Look for him to make a play on offense to either score a goal or make a good pass for an assist.
2. Chris Stewart: He has gone on spurts scoring goals over a span of several games, but then going cold for a while. He is overdue to get a goal and tonight it could be necessary against Dallas’ high power offense.
1. Jamie Benn: He leads the Stars with 25 goals and 53 total points. He only has one goal in his last five games, but he always plays well against the Ducks. He is also a machine on the power play with 11 goals coming with the extra man.
2. Tyler Seguin: He is second in goals scored with 24. Like Benn, he only has one goal in his last five games. He has four power play goals and three short-handed goals.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup (Per NHL.com):
Dallas Stars Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks