By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(19-17-7) host the Los Angeles Kings(27-13-3). This is the first meeting between these teams this season. The Ducks are 4-2-0 on this current home stand. Tonight’s game starts at 6PM PST.
Fans are encouraged to wear the new orange 3rd jerseys or Stadium Series jerseys tonight. The Ducks will be sporting the new 3rd jerseys tonight.
Keys To The Game:
1. Early Start: The Kings played last night and lost 5-3 to Ottawa. If the Ducks can jump on the Kings early like they did against the Stars, then you have to like Anaheim’s chances of winning.
2. Measuring Stick: The Kings have played well and have been in first in the Pacific Division for most of the season. This game is going to be a good test to determine if the Ducks are ready for a stretch run to the playoffs.
1. Power Play: The Kings have the 7th best power play unit at 20.6%. This will be a key matchup as the Ducks have the best penalty kill in the league.
2. Defense: The Kings give up the third least amount of goals per game at 2.21. There is good chance this game will be close as four out of five of the games last year went to overtime.
Players To Watch:
1. Jakob Silfverberg: He has been on a roll recording six points in his last four games. He has three multiple point games in his last four contests.
2. Ryan Kesler: He thrives on rivalry games, especially against the Kings. In five games last year, he recorded five goals and two assists helping the Ducks to a 4-0-1 record against LA last year.
1. Anze Kopitar: He leads the Kings in total points 36(12G + 24A). The Kings just signed him to a 8-year, $80-million blockbuster extension.
2. Tyler Toffoli: He leads the Kings with 21 goals this season and is second in total points with 34. He has three goals in his last four games.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup :
On Sundays the Ducks usually have an optional practice, so the exact lineup may not be known until the pregame skate. David Perron was not present at the Ducks practice yesterday, but could be available for tonight’s game. If he does play he could be on the second line with Kesler and Silfverberg.
Los Angeles Kings Projected Lineup (Per):
Kings: Jonathan Quick 24-10-2 GAA 2.11 SV% .922% (Unconfirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !