By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(20-18-7) made a brief stop in Washington D.C., but had to quickly fly out because of a snow storm. The game was postponed until further notice. Tonight the Ducks play the Detroit Red Wings(24-15-8). In their first meeting the Red Wings won 2-1. This is the final meeting this season between the two teams. Tonight’s game starts at 4:00PM PST.
Check out our latest podcast show by visiting here: DucksNPucks Podcast. Subscribers will be eligible for a contest to win two tickets to fan appreciation night!
Keys To The Game:
1. Early Start: The Red Wings played yesterday, so if the Ducks can score first and keep the pressure on, then they have a good chance to prevail in this contest.
2. Forecheck: The Ducks didn’t get many quality chances against Detroit in the previous contest. If the Ducks can get traffic in front and stay on the forecheck, then they can earn two points tonight.
1. Face-offs: Detroit is 50.3% efficient at winning draws, which is just behind Anaheim at 51.7%. The Red Wings won the face-off battle in the previous game, so this will be a key matchup tonight.
2. Penalties: The Red Wings only average 8.2 penalty minutes a game. They don’t take many penalties, giving their opponent’s not that many chances on the power play.
Players To Watch:
1. Rickard Rakell: He scored the game-winning goal in the last game and is second on the team in scoring with 10 goals. It’s been a break out year for him as he is on track to easily pass the 31 points he recorded last year. He has 21 points so far this season.
2. Jakob Silfverberg: He has really picked up his game as of late on the home stand. He has been going to the net more and getting more shots on goal. In his last six games, he has seven total points(3G +4A) and 28 shots on goal during that span.
1. Dylan Larkin: He is Detroit’s leading goal scorer with 15 goals. He has three points in his last four games. He had an assist in their victory over the Ducks in the previous contest.
2. Tomas Tatar: He is the second leading goal scorer with 14 goals. He has two goals in his last five games and is second in power play goals with five. He scored one goal against the Ducks in the first meeting this season.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup :
For more on the trade visit: Sekac Traded To Chicago, Ducks Gain Grit
Detroit Red Wings Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !