By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(22-18-7) return to action after the All-Star break against their division rival the San Jose Sharks(26-18-4). The Ducks are 2-1-0 this season against the Sharks. Each game has resulted in the winning team shutting out the opponent. Tonight is the fourth and final meeting during the regular season. Tonight’s game starts at 7pm.
The Ducks are two points out of third place in the Pacific Division. This is a critical week as the Ducks take on the Sharks, Kings, and Coyotes. Want to hear our thoughts about this week and more? Subscribe and listen to our podcast: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Momentum: The Ducks were on a roll before the All-Star break, winning three games in a row. They need to keep the wins coming with the three division games this week.
2. Defense: The Sharks offense has been on a roll in the last 10 games. The Ducks are going to need to find a way to slow them down or they might engage in a shootout type of game.
1. Offense: The Sharks are 8-0-2 in their last 10 games. In six of their eight wins they have scored four or more goals. If they can score four goals, then they have a great chance at winning this contest.
2. Penalty Kill: The Sharks are only 79.3% effective when killing penalties. They need to stay out of the box as the Ducks power play has picked up steam as of late.
Players To Watch:
1. David Perron: In the small sample size of four games, Perron has two goals and three assists. He is riding a four game point streak since coming to Anaheim from Pittsburgh.
2. Jakob Silfverberg: He has recorded 11 points(3G + 8A) in his last eight games. He has five multi-point games during that time span.
1. Joe Pavelski: He leads the Sharks in total points with 49(25G +24A). He also leads the team with eight power play goals and eight game winning goals.
2. Brent Burns: He leads all defensemen with 18 goals and is second in scoring on the Sharks. He is a very good two-way player and has a size advantage over most opponents.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup :
It appears that Cam Fowler is ready to play and is expected start tonight. Ryan Garbutt has changed his number to 16, which is his old number from Dallas. Ducks also recalled Harry Zolnierczyk. For a summary on the updates today visit: Ducks Recall Zolnierczyk
San Jose Sharks Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !