By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(23-18-7) travel to Los Angeles to face the Kings(31-16-3). In the first meeting, the Kings won 3-2 at Honda Center. The game starts tonight at 7PM.
Looking for a place to watch the game tonight? Join us at Avila’s El Ranchito in Orange for good food and giveaways! Address is 182 S. Orange St., in the city of Orange. For more info visit: DucksNPucks Watch Parties
Keys To The Game:
1. Score Early: The Ducks need to score first and get the momentum from the beginning of the game. The Ducks will be in a much better position if they can put the Kings on their heels first.
2. Second Period: In the last meeting the Ducks gave up three goals in the second period. They can’t allow that to happen again in this contest or they may dig themselves too big of a hole for the third period.
1. Defense: The Kings played a solid defensive game against the Ducks for the first two periods in the previous contest. In the beginning of the third period, they weren’t as sharp and they almost gave up the game tying goal as result. They need three solid periods of defense against Anaheim.
2. Power Play: The Kings have the fourth best power play at 21.5%. They scored with the extra man the last time these two teams met and it will be a key match-up again tonight.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Kesler: He had a quiet game against Los Angeles in the first contest. He should make more noise this game and register some points tonight.
2. Corey Perry: He was held in check against the Kings last time. With the new line combinations he should get more chances score and create plays.
1. Tyler Toffoli: He leads the Kings with 22 goals this season and seven power play goals. He had one of the three goals in that second period against the Ducks in the first meeting this season.
2. Anze Kopitar: He leads the Kings with 44 points(13G + 33A). He is second on the team in game-winning goals(4) and he had the game-winner last time these two teams met.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup :
Los Angeles Kings Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !