By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(24-18-7) beat the Los Angeles Kings last night and turn right around to host the Arizona Coyotes(24-21-6) tonight. This is the fourth meeting between the Ducks and Coyotes. The Ducks are 0-2-1 so far in the first three contests.
It’s Angels night at Honda Center so wear your Angels and Ducks gear! Team Anaheim!
Keys To The Game:
1. Play Their Game: The Ducks need to keep playing their game. If they can keep the forecheck going and balanced attack, then they can prevail tonight.
2. Defense: The Ducks have won five in a row and have played well defensively. In four of the last five games they have held their opponent to two or less goals.
1. Start Strong: The Coyotes have had success against the Ducks and largely in part to scoring first. They have jumped on the Ducks in two of the three contests by scoring early in the first period.
2. Defense: The Coyotes have given up 16 goals in their last three games. They are going to need to tighten defensively tonight against the red hot Ducks squad.
Players To Watch:
1. David Perron: He had a goal and two assists last night to lead the charge against the Kings. He has eight points (3G +5A) in just six games as a Duck.
2. Ryan Garbutt: The Ducks last two game-winning goals have come off the stick of Garbutt. He has three points in four games since being traded to Anaheim.
1. Oliver Ekman-Larsson: He is one of the best two-way defensemen in the league. He leads the Coyotes with 37 points (15G + 22A).
2. Shane Doan: He leads the Coyotes with 18 goals. Eight of those goals have come on the power play, which also leads the team.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup :
With both teams playing last night, there shouldn’t be too many changes to the lineup beside the starting goalies. Andersen will likely start for Anaheim tonight and Smith for Arizona.
Arizona Coyotes Projected Lineup (Per):
Coyotes: Anders Lindback 5-6-1 GAA 2.98 SV% .896% (Probable)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !