By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(25-18-7) take their six game winning streak on the road to Pittsburgh(26-18-7). The Ducks won the previous contest 2-1 at Honda Center. The game starts tonight at 4PM PT.
We have a new show out this week! Check it out by clicking this link DucksNPucks Podcast or the video below!
Keys To The Game:
1. Play Their Game: At this point, the Ducks don’t need to change anything during even strength play. They just to need to keep playing their game consistently as they have been and good things will continue to happen.
2. Power Play: Last week the power play was 2 for 16 with a couple of missed 5-on-3 opportunities. The Ducks are playing better and it’s resulting in more power play chances, but they need to start cashing in more often.
1. Defense: The Penguins have won five of their last six, but have given up 20 goals in that span. They need to tighten their game up defensively or this could be a high scoring affair.
2. Shots: Pittsburgh leads the league in shots per game with 32.6. They are going to need to pepper the Ducks goalie tonight as Anaheim has been blocking shots well during their winning streak.
Players To Watch:
2. Hampus Lindholm: He has been producing as of late with a goal in each of the last three games. He is now tied with Sami Vatanen with most goals by a Ducks defenseman(6). He is also third on the team in power plays goals with three.
1. Sidney Crosby: He has been playing out of his mind with a current 10 game point streak. He has recorded 18 points (10G +8A) during that time and just had a hat trick against Ottawa last week.
2. Carl Hagelin: Since being traded from Anaheim, he has record five assists in eight games with Pittsburgh. At one point he did have a five game point streak. It will be interesting to see how he plays against Anaheim tonight.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
With a six game winning streak and offensive production galore, the starting offensive lineup should remain the same as below.
Pittsburgh Penguins Projected Lineup (Per):
Evgeni Malkin sat out the last two games with a nagging injury and will not play according to the Penguins.
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !