By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks (27-19-8) continue their road trip against the Calgary Flames (25-26-3). The Ducks have played the Flames twice this season and won both games in regulation. Today’s game starts at 1PM PT.
A new podcast is out! Subscribe and listen: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Penalty Kill: The Ducks have been great on the penalty kill all season, but they have given up a power play goal in each of their last three games. The Flames can score goals in bunches and the Ducks need to tighten up the penalty unit to win this game.
2. Shots: The Ducks average just over 30 shots on goal per game. Anaheim knows Jonas Hiller well and peppering him in the right spots could help the Ducks get an early lead.
1. Offense: Calgary has scored four or more goals in four of their last six games. If they get that kind of production for today’s game, then they will have a great chance at winning this contest.
2. Penalties: The Flames have the second worst penalty kill in the league with 75.0% efficiency. They need to stay out of the penalty box against Anaheim.
Players To Watch:
1. David Perron: Since coming to Anaheim, Perron has 11 points(5G + 6A) in 11 games. He has three multi-point games in that time span.
1. John Gaudreau: He leads the Flames with 51 points(21G + 30A). He has four points in his last five games and leads the team in game-winning goals(6).
2. Sean Monahan: He is the second leading goal scorer with 17 goals. He has been on fire lately(pun intended) with seven points(3G + 4A) in his last five games.
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
Calgary Flames Projected Lineup (Per):
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 12-8-6 GAA 2.30 SV% .919% (Confirmed by Kent French)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !