By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks (30-19-8) start their home stand against the Calgary Flames (26-28-3). The Ducks have played the Flames three times this season and won each game in regulation. Tonight’s game starts at 4PM PT.
A new podcast is out! Subscribe and listen here: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Discipline: The Ducks need to stay out of the penalty box against the Flames. The Ducks gave up two power play goals last week against Calgary and have given up at least one power play goal in each of their last six games.
2. Forecheck: The Ducks need to get the pucks deep and keep the pressure on the Flames. If Anaheim can keep Calgary pinned in their own zone, then they can avoid the north-south race track as witnessed last week.
1. Face-offs: Calgary needs to do a better job in the face-off circle against Anaheim. They are currently 26th in the league with a 48.4% face-off winning percentage.
2. Speed: The Flames thrive off their team speed and are going to need it to keep up with the Ducks high scoring offense. Calgary is going to need to use their transition game to create turnovers and generate odd man rushes.
Players To Watch:
1. Rickard Rakell: He is on a three game point streak in which he scored two goals and registered two assists. He is the Ducks second leading goal scorer with 15 goals.
2. Ryan Getzlaf: The captain is riding a seven game point streak and has 12 total points during that streak(3G + 9A). He has been shooting the puck more and the new lines have worked to his advantage so far.
1. John Gaudreau: He had three points last week against the Ducks(1G + 2A). He is currently riding a three game point streak with five total points during that time span.
2. Mikael Backlund: He has scored a goal in each of his last two games. He is tied for fifth in total points with 29(10G +19A).
Anaheim Ducks Projected Lineup:
For Sunday home games, the Ducks usually have an optional morning skate. If there are any changes, then it’s likely not to be known until the pregame skate.
Calgary Flames Projected Lineup (Per L):
Ducks: John Gibson 13-8-2 GAA 2.10 SV% .917% (Confirmed)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !