By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(33-19-8) continue their home stand against the Los Angeles Kings(37-20-4). The Ducks have split the first two meetings against the Kings. The game starts at 6PM tonight.
Before the game please stop by the Hockey Spot in the parking lot of Honda Center. Our friend Jennifer Franklin is in the finals for the HORMEL® Chili cook off today! Check out her dish below, the inspiration for her dish’s name came from our website!
Keys To The Game:
1. Score First: The Ducks need to score first and take their game to the Kings right at the puck drop. If the Ducks can sustain their forecheck and impose their will like they did in the second meeting of the season, then good things will happen for them tonight.
2. Special Teams: This game may be won on the special teams. The Ducks have been perfect on the penalty kill in their last two games and have scored a power play goal in each contest. They need that kind of effort again tonight against Los Angeles.
1. Defense: In the first meeting of the season, the Kings were able to shut down the Ducks offense for most of the game. If the Kings can slow Anaheim’s offense and keep this game close, then they have a good chance of prevailing tonight.
2. Turnovers: The Kings thrive on creating turnovers especially against the Ducks. They can be very opportunistic in creating odd-man rushes and will look to do so against Anaheim tonight.
Players To Watch:
1. Rickard Rakell : He is having a breakout year and scored one of the best goals this season to propel the Ducks to victory over the Oilers on Friday night. Watch it on our YouTube channel again here: Rakell Lifts Ducks In OT
2. Ryan Getzlaf: The captain continues to roll with 10 game point streak. He has recorded 16 points(5G + 11A) in that span. He also has six multi-point games in his last 10 games.
1. Anze Kopitar: He leads the Kings in total points with 52(18G + 34A). He is tied for the team lead in game-winning goals with five and has two goals in his last five games.
2. Tyler Toffoli: He leads Los Angeles in goals scored with 24. He plays well against the Ducks and has a goal in each game against Anaheim this season.
Los Angeles Kings Projected Lineup (Per Leftwinglock.com):
Kings: Jonathan Quick 31-15-3 GAA 2.15 SV% .922% (Probable)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !