By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(35-19-8) fresh off their victory against Montreal, head out to Arizona to play the Coyotes(27-30-6) tonight. This is the fifth and final meeting of the regular season. The Ducks are 1-2-1 against the Coyotes so far this season. The game starts at 6PM tonight.
A new podcast is out discussing Anaheim’s trade deadline moves and how the Ducks may do heading into the stretch run of the season. You can subscribe and listen on iTunes here: DuckNPucks iTunes Podcast. You can also click the YouTube video at the end of this article. Thank you for listening!
Keys To The Game:
1. Score First: The Ducks have not had much success against the Coyotes this year. They need to score first especially after having played last night in long contest that went into a shootout.
2. Defense: The Ducks have given up 14 goals in four games against the Coyotes. Arizona scored four goals in three of those games. The Ducks will need a strong defensive game tonight.
1. Turnovers: The Coyotes need to create turnovers and generate odd man rushes. They have been good at achieving this in the previous meetings against Anaheim and need to do so again tonight.
2. Discipline: Arizona’s penalty kill is only 77.9% efficient, which is 25th in the NHL. They need to avoid the penalty box as the Ducks power play has been red hot at 22.3%, which is 4th in the NHL.
Players To Watch:
1. David Perron: He has been a great addition to the Ducks and has 17 points(7G + 10A) in 19 games. He also has three points in his last three games.
2. Jamie McGinn: He scored his first goal in his first game as a Duck. He played with Rickard Rakell and Corey Perry for most of the night. They seemed to play well together and should continue to do so.
1. Max Domi: He is the second leading scorer on Arizona with 42 points(17G + 25A). He seems to always play well against Anaheim.
2. Anthony Duclair: He is fourth on the team in goals scored with 16, but he had a hat trick against the Ducks on October 14. Like Domi, he plays well against the Ducks.
This was the Ducks starting lineup last night. Bruce Boudreau did change the lines throughout the game, but this will likely be the starting lineup. There is no morning skate with the back-to-back games so if there is a change it won’t be known until the pregame skate.
The Ducks call up Stefan Noesen today, but it is not clear if he will play tonight.
Arizona Coyotes Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !