By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(36-19-8) battle the Los Angeles Kings(38-21-4) today for the fourth time this season. The Ducks are 2-1-0 against the Kings in the previous three meetings. The game starts at 1PM.
Looking for a watch party today? Come join us at Avila’s El Ranchito in Orange!
Keys To The Game:
1. To The Net: A good portion of Anaheim’s success has been the team’s willingness to got to the net. Players are routinely going to the net, taking punishment, getting to loose pucks, and winning the battles night in and night out.
2. Power Play: Anaheim’s power play used to be one of the worst in the NHL and now it’s one of the best(3rd in NHL). The Ducks need to continue screening the goalie and getting to the rebounds while playing with the extra man.
1. Emotion: In the last meeting, the Kings started the game trying to stop certain players on the Ducks instead of playing their game. Emotions are always intense in these rivalry games, but the Kings need to focus on playing solid defense against the entire Ducks team.
2. Pressure: The Kings play the Ducks well when they create pressure. They need to sustain their forecheck early in the game and get as many shots on net as possible. They are second in the league in shots on goal per game with 32.6.
Players To Watch:
1. Corey Perry: The Kings tried to get under Perry’s skin early in last Sunday’s meeting. Perry’s response was a natural hat trick that helped the Ducks win 4-2.
2. Jamie McGinn: He has played two games since being traded to Anaheim and he has a goal in each game. Look for him to continue to crash the net and look for rebounds today.
1. Anze Kopitar: He leads the Kings in total points with 54(19G + 35A). He is tied for the team lead in game-winning goals with five and has three points in his last five games.
2. Tyler Toffoli: He leads Los Angeles in goals scored with 24. He plays well against the Ducks and has two goals in three games against Anaheim.
Los Angeles Kings Projected Lineup (Per):
Ducks: John Gibson 16-8-2 GAA 2.09 SV% .918% (Unconfirmed)
Kings: Jonathan Quick 32-16-3 GAA 2.18 SV% .920% (Probable)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !