By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(38-21-9) continue the home stand against the New York Rangers (39-23-7). The Ducks have played the Rangers once losing 3-2 in overtime. Tonight is the second and final regular season meeting. The game starts at 7:30PM.
We are having a contest to win two FREE tickets to fan appreciation night on April 5. Subscribe and listen to our latest podcast for details: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Repeat Performance: It’s not likely that the Ducks are going to score seven goals again like they did against the Devils, but if they can play their game and execute, then they should be able to get some good scoring chances in this contest.
2. Turnovers: The last time Anaheim played New York, they had 19 turnovers. They Ducks need to make clean passes out of their own zone to avoid those previous mistakes.
1. Discipline: The Rangers average 8.7 penalty minutes per game and want to stay out of the box as much as possible. Their penalty kill is ranked 27th at 77.2% and the Ducks power play is ranked second in the league operating at 23.4% efficiency.
2. Offense: The Rangers average just under three goals(2.81) goals per game. If they can score three or more goals tonight, then have a good chance of earning two points.
Players To Watch:
1. Jakob Silfverberg: Coming off of his first NHL hat trick, he should still be pumped up for tonight’s contest. He is fourth on the team in goals scored with 12.
2. Nick Ritchie: He scored his first NHL goal on Monday night. It took him a while to do it, so hopefully he will start scoring more with ease. (Selanne’s ketchup bottle)
1. Mats Zuccarello: He leads the Rangers with 53 total points(22G + 31A). He has five points in his last three games.
2. Derick Brassard: He leads the Rangers in goals scored with 25 and is second in total points with 51. He leads the team with eight power play goals and he has scored a goal in each of his last three games.
New York Rangers Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !