By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(39-22-9) start their road trip against the Winnipeg Jets(29-37-5). The Ducks played the Jets once this season winning 4-1. Today is the second of three meetings this season. The game starts at 12:00 PM.
We have a new podcast and are having a contest to win two FREE tickets to fan appreciation night on April 5. Subscribe and listen to our podcast for details: DucksNPucks Podcast
Join us today for a watch party Avila’s El Ranchito in Orange! Good food and free prizes!
Keys To The Game:
1. Special teams: The Ducks are tied for first in power play efficiency at 23.2% and they are first in penalty kill at 87.1%. Having both special teams units playing so well is going to be key for Anaheim heading into the playoffs.
2. Balanced Attack: The Ducks have been able to roll four lines that each can score. If the Ducks can continue to do that, then their opponents are going to have a difficult time trying to shut down Anaheim’s offense.
1. Power Play: The Jets are only 15.0% efficient on the power play this season. They have converted only once in their last 25 opportunities, covering an eight game span.
2. Score First: The Jets have lost 8 of their last 11 games. They need to get off to a good start against Anaheim to have success in this contest.
Players To Watch:
2. Rickard Rakell: He has been having a career year 19 goals, which is third on the Ducks. He has four points in his last four games.
1. Mark Scheifele: He leads the Jets with 23 goals and has scored two goals in his last four games. He has four power play goals and three game winning goals.
2. Blake Wheeler: He leads the team in total points with 62(18G + 44A). He has three points in his last four games.
Winnipeg Jets Projected Lineup (Per):
Jets: Ondrej Pavelec 8-13-2 GAA 2.90 SV% .901% (Probable)
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !