By Mike Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(40-22-9) continue their road trip against the Montreal Canadiens(33-34-6). The Ducks beat the Canadiens in 3-2 shootout victory in their first meeting. This is the second and final meeting of the season.
The Ducks can clinch a playoff spot tonight if they earn at least one point tonight. If the Ducks lose in regulation, then they can still clinch if the Coyotes lose in any manner tonight.
We have a new podcast and are having a contest to win two FREE tickets to fan appreciation night on April 5. Subscribe and listen to our podcast for details: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Adjust: The Ducks are going to have to change the lines in this contest and likely the rest of the road trip without David Perron. The Ducks have a game in hand over the Kings and can still catch them for first in the Pacific Division.
2. Play Their Game: At times this season the Ducks have been guilty of playing down to their opponents. The Ducks can ill afford any lapses in their game. They need to stay the course as the playoffs approach.
1. Discipline: The Canadiens average less than 10 penalty minutes(9.3) per game. They need to stay out of the box as Anaheim had the best power play in the NHL.
2. Defense: Montreal has given up almost three goals(2.82) per game. They need to try to keep Anaheim to two goals or less in order to win this contest.
Players To Watch:
1. Mike Santorelli: With Perron being out for several games, Santorelli will step in and have to play in his place. He has nine goals and seven assists so far in 63 games with Anaheim this season.
1. Max Pacioretty: He leads the team in total points with 53(24G + 29A). He leads the team with eight power play goals and is tied for first in game winning goals with four.
2. Alex Galchenyuk: He leads Montreal with 26 goals. He is second on the team with seven power play goals and has two points in his last four games.
Montreal Canadiens Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !