By Mike Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(41-23-10) close out their road trip against the Edmonton Oilers(30-41-7). The Ducks have played the Oilers four times this season and beat them three times. This is the fifth and final meeting of the season. This will be the Ducks last visit to Rexall Place.
We have a new podcast and are having a contest to win two FREE tickets to fan appreciation night on April 5. Subscribe and listen to our podcast for details: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Score First: In the last two games the Ducks have come back from three goal deficits earning one point in one contest and winning the other in overtime. Although comebacks are exciting, it would be good for Anaheim to score first and build a lead.
2. Complete Game: The Ducks are in the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season. It’s time for them to fine tune their game as the past couple of games have not been their best.
1. Defense: The Oilers give up almost three goals(2.95) per game. They need to try to keep the Ducks to two goals or less to win this contest.
2. Speed: Edmonton has good overall team speed. They need to push the puck up and down the ice as much as possible to create odd man rushes resulting in quality scoring chances.
Players To Watch:
1. Jakob Silfverberg: He has seven goals in his last seven games. He has scored 16 goals on the season putting him fourth on the Ducks roster in terms of goals scored.
1. Connor McDavid: Despite missing several games due to injury, he has 45 points(15G +30A) in 41 games. He will have to deal with Kesler defending him tonight.
2. Patrick Maroon: The Ducks will get to face their former team mate for the first time. In 12 games with Edmonton, he has 11 points(5G + 6A). The change of scenery has helped his game.
Edmonton Oilers Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !