By Mike Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(42-23-10) return home to face the Calgary Flames(32-38-6). The Ducks have played the Flames four times this season and won all four games. This is the fifth and final meeting of the season.
We have a new podcast and are having a contest to win two FREE tickets to fan appreciation night on April 5. Subscribe and listen to our podcast for details: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Complete Game: The Ducks came out of the road trip 3-1-1, but still need to have a complete game. They did better to start the game against Edmonton and let’s see if they can carry that play in all three periods.
2. Forecheck: The Flames and Ducks almost always get into shootout type games. If the Ducks can sustain a good forecheck and slow the game down, then they have a good chance at earning two points.
1. Speed: Three of the four games they have played against the Ducks have been high scoring. The Flames will look to push the puck up the ice and current turnovers with their speed.
2. Discipline: The Flames have the league worst penalty kill at 74.5%. They need to stay out of the box as much as possible tonight.
Players To Watch:
1. Brandon Pirri: He had the game winning goal in the last game against Edmonton. He has two goals and two assists in his last three games.
2. Corey Perry: He scored his team leading 31st goal in the last game. He could try to push for 40 goals, but it might be difficult with only seven games left in the regular season.
1. Sean Monahan: He is second in points on the team with 59. He has 27 goals and 32 assists. He has seven power play goals and five game-winning goals.
2. Mark Giordano: He leads all Calgary defensemen with 51 points(19G + 32A). He leads the team with eight power play goals.
Calgary Flames Projected Lineup (Per):
Follow us Twitter @DucksNPucks !
Like us on Facebook at DucksNPucks !
Follow us on Instagram at DucksNPucks !