By Mike Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(43-23-10) continue the home stand against the Vancouver Canucks (28-36-13). The Ducks have played the Canucks four times this season and are 2-0-2, winning twice in regulation and losing twice in the shootout. This is the fifth and final meeting of the season.
We have a new podcast out. Click the video at the end of this article to listen or click here: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Score Early: The Vancouver Canucks played last night beating the San Jose Sharks, so the Ducks want to get to scoring early. If the Ducks can jump on Vancouver early like they did with Calgary, then I like their chances in this game.
2. Forecheck: If the Ducks can forecheck and play their game, then they should be good in this contest. They could tire out Vancouver with a solid forecheck since they played last night.
1. Momentum: Vancouver was on a terrible slide losing nine games(0-8-1) in a row. They need to carry their play over from last night’s game into this one.
2. Defense: The Canucks give up almost three goals(2.84) per game. They need to try to limit Anaheim to two goals or less to have a good chance of winning this game.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Kesler: He had a career night against Calgary with four points(1G + 3A). He is the third leading scorer with 48 points on the season.
2. Jakob Silfverberg: He scored twice in Anaheim’s last game and his new season high is 18 goals. Hopefully he can reach 20 in the final weeks of the season.
1. Daniel Sedin: He leads Vancouver with 60 points(28G + 32A). He leads the team with eight power play goals and six game winning goals.
2. Emerson Etem: He started the season with the New York Rangers and then ended up with Vancouver after being traded in January. Etem has seven points(3G +4A) in 34 games with Vancouver and will get to face his former team tonight.
Vancouver Canucks Projected Lineup (Per):
Ducks: John Gibson 19-11-3 GAA 2.04 SV% .920% (Probable)
Canucks: Jacob Markstrom 11-13-4 GAA 2.63 SV% .917% (Probable)
Want to be an Editor or Writer? Join The Puck Network!
DucksNPucks is part of The Puck Network, which covers the entire NHL. There are openings to cover your favorite team(s) and earn school credits!
If you are interested, then apply by filling out the form here: Join Our Team