By Mike Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(43-24-10) continue the home stand against the Dallas Stars(48-22-9). The Ducks have played Dallas twice and split the two contests. This is the third and final meeting of the season. The game starts at 6pm.
Andrew Cogliano will be playing in his 700th consecutive NHL game tonight. He is 6th on the all-time list in the NHL.
Want a chance to win a free customized jersey?
Sign up for our NHL Bracket Challenge here: DucksNPucks Bracket Second and third place will also win free DucksNPucks gear! Once you sign up please email us your entry name and contact email. We want to make sure to contact the appropriate winners. Email your entry details to info@DucksNPucks.com
Keys To The Game:
1. Forecheck: Dallas played last night, so the Ducks need to establish the forecheck early and stay on it. They need to tire out the Dallas defense and put them on their heels from the beginning.
2. Passing/Turnovers: The Ducks seem to get into trouble when their passes aren’t on target and they make too many turnovers. If Anaheim can take care of the puck, then they increase their chances for success tonight.
1. Offense: Dallas leads the league in scoring with 3.25 goals per game. If they score at least three goals in this game, then you have to like their chances.
2. Discipline: The Stars take less than 10 penalty minutes a game. If they can stay out of the box, then they can avoid the Ducks power play that is ranked first in the NHL.
Players To Watch:
1. Chris Wagner: He earned his first point with the Anaheim against Vancouver. He played on the fourth line which had the most energy in that contest.
2. Nate Thompson: He has scored a goal in each of his last two games. Any scoring he can provide is welcomed especially from the fourth line.
1. Jamie Benn: He leads the Stars in total points 88(41G + 47A). He has a four game point streak and has scored five goals in those games.
2. Jason Spezza: He has 30 goals on the season and has recored four points in his last four games. He is second on the team in power play goals with eight.
Dallas Stars Projected Lineup (Per):
Ducks: John Gibson 19-12-3 GAA 2.07 SV% .919% (Probable)
Stars: Kari Lehtonen 24-10-2 GAA 2.79 SV% .907% (Probable)
Want to be an Editor or Writer? Join The Puck Network!
DucksNPucks is part of The Puck Network, which covers the entire NHL. There are openings to cover your favorite team(s) and earn school credits!
If you are interested, then apply by filling out the form here: Join Our Team