By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks(44-24-10) play their final home game of the regular season against the Winnipeg Jets(32-39-8). The Ducks have played the Jets twice, winning both contests. Tonight is the third and final meeting of the season. The game starts at 7pm.
Want a chance to win a free customized jersey?
Sign up for our NHL Bracket Challenge here: DucksNPucks Bracket Second and third place will also win free DucksNPucks gear! Once you sign up please email us your entry name and contact email. We want to make sure to contact the appropriate winners. Email your entry details to info@DucksNPucks.com
A new podcast is out covering the final week of the season. You can listen by clicking the video below or visiting here: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Defense: They say defense wins championships and the Ducks had a great defensive effort against Dallas. Anaheim needs to build off that game tonight and in the final games of the season.
2. Offense: The Jets give up nearly three goals(2.89) a game. If the Ducks can score three or more goals in this game, then you have to like their chances in this contest.
1. Discipline: The Jets have one of the worst penalty kills at 78.8%. They need to stay out of the box against Anaheim’s number ranked power play unit.
2. Traffic: The Jets need to crash the net and set up screens. They average almost 30 shots(29.6) per game and need to pepper Anaheim’s net tonight.
Players To Watch:
1. Ryan Kesler: Kesler has made a living playing defense every night, but the last game he also had two goals. When he produces on both sides of the puck, then it’s usually a long night for opposing players.
2. Nate Thompson: He has scored a goal in each of his last three games. In the last game against Dallas, he had a breakaway and made a nice deke to score to get Anaheim the early 1-0 lead.
1. Blake Wheeler: He leads the Jets with 73 total points(20G + 53A). He has a goal and an assist against Anaheim this season.
2. Mark Scheifele: He leads the team in goals scored with 27. He has a seven game point streak where has scored 10 points(4G +6A).
Winnipeg Jets Projected Lineup (Per):
Jets: Ondrej Pavelec 11-13-4 GAA 2.74 SV% .906% (Unconfirmed)
Want to be an Editor or Writer? Join The Puck Network!
DucksNPucks is part of The Puck Network, which covers the entire NHL. There are openings to cover your favorite team(s) and earn school credits!
If you are interested, then apply by filling out the form here: Join Our Team