The Anaheim Ducks(46-25-11) host the Nashville Predators(41-27-14) in game one tonight at Honda Center. These two teams met back in the 2010-11 playoffs with Nashville winning the series 4-2. For our preview of this series please visit: Series Preview: Ducks vs Predators
Our latest podcast is out with an analysis of the series by Eddy Jones and myself. You can listen by clicking the video below or visiting here: DucksNPucks Podcast
The game starts at 7:30 PM PT tonight. Fans are encouraged to wear the new 3rd jersey, Stadium Series jersey, or anything orange.
Keys To The Game:
1. Play Their Game: Anaheim needs to establish the forecheck early, take the inside lanes to the net, and create traffic in front of the Nashville goal. If they can go those things consistently tonight, then they put themselves in a good position to win.
2. Special Teams: Anaheim’s special teams finished the season as the best in the league. The Ducks need to carry that play into this series, especially on the power play where Nashville has an average penalty kill.
1. Score First: The Predators are coming into Honda Center where the fans are going to be acting berserk. They need to score first to try to take the crowd out of the game.
2. Defense: Nashville has been able to slow down the Anaheim offense two out of three times this season. They are going to need to do that again in order to win this game and series.
Players To Watch:
1. Jakob Silfverberg: He was tied for second in total points last post season with 18(4G + 14A). He has played well in the second half of this season and expect him to carry over the play in this series.
2. Corey Perry: He led Anaheim with 10 goals in the postseason last year. It’s going to be important for him to create havoc in front of the Nashville net to create scoring opportunities.
1. Filip Forsberg: He is the leading scorer for Nashville with 64 points(33G + 31A). He didn’t record a point in the three contests during the season against Anaheim, but he is always dangerous to score.
2. James Neal: He has 31 goals on the season and has been a great addition to this team over the last two seasons. He has a goal and an assist against Anaheim this season.
Cam Fowler – Simon Despres
Shea Theodore – Sami Vatanen
Nashville Predators Projected Lineup (Per Dailyfaceoff):
Predators: Pekka Rinne 34-21-10 GAA 2.48 SV% .908% (Probable)
DucksNPucks is part of The Puck Network, which covers the entire NHL. There are openings to cover your favorite team(s) and earn school credits!
If you are interested, then apply by filling out the form here: Join Our Team