By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks battle the Nashville Predators in game 4 trailing 2-1 in the series. The game starts at 5.00 PM PT tonight.
We have a new podcast addressing how the Ducks can turn around this series. You can listen by clicking the video below or here: DucksNPucks Podcast
We will have a watch party tonight at Avila’s El Ranchito in Orange at 5PM. Suggested donation of $5 goes to our local Military Veterans and you get a fowl towel in return! Hope to see you there!
Keys To The Game:
1. Score First: Just like in game three, the Ducks need to come out strong and get an early goal. The sooner the Ducks take control of this the game, then the sooner the Nashville crowd becomes a non-factor.
2. Penalties: For the second game in a row the Ducks had to kill off five Nashville penalties. The Ducks did a good job of skating away from the post whistle activity in game three and will have to do it again tonight.
1. Traffic: The Predators need to get in front of Frederik Andersen and try to block his vision. If Nashville can create effective screens, then maybe they can deflect a puck or two past Andersen.
2. Power Play: The Predators had five power play chances in game three and couldn’t get a goal. They need to start producing with the extra man especially with the large number of opportunities they are being given.
Players To Watch:
2. Chris Stewart: He scored his first playoff goal in the last game. His initial shot was blocked, but he got to his own rebound and put it in the back of the net. Rebounds have been there for Anaheim in this series.
1. Colin Wilson: If Craig Smith can’t play tonight, then Wilson is likely to fill his spot on the second line. Wilson is going to have to step up his game as Smith played well in the first two contests and the beginning of game three.
2. Mike Ribeiro: He has been a non-factor offensively in this series. Maybe tonight he breaks through with a goal or assist.
Nashville Predators Projected Lineup (Per Dailyfaceoff):
Injuries: Craig Smith(Lower Body Injury)
Predators: Pekka Rinne 2-1-0 GAA 2.35 SV% .911% (Probable)