By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks climbed out of the 0-2 hole and now look to control the series in a pivotal game five against Nashville. The game starts at 3.00 PM PT today.
You can listen to our latest podcast by clicking the video below or here: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. Score First: I know I sound like a broken record saying this, but the team that has scored first has won three out of four games so far. It would be great for the Ducks to score first and fire up the home crowd even more.
2. Road Play: The Ducks need to play exactly how they did in Nashville. If they can continue to forecheck, make clean passes, and eliminate turnovers, then they will put themselves in a great position to win this contest.
1. Emotion: The Predators did a great job of frustrating the Ducks in the first two games, especially game two. It was the Ducks who frustrated them in games three and notably game four. They need to get back to playing discipline hockey.
2. Power Play: Nashville has plenty of chances in all four games on the power play, but the Ducks have played excellent on the penalty kill. The Predators need to start taking advantage of those opportunities.
Players To Watch:
1. Corey Perry: He hasn’t scored a goal yet and has two assists. Hopefully he can get back to his scoring ways tonight in pivotal game five.
2. Andrew Cogliano: He leads the Ducks in total points this playoffs with four(2G + 2A). The Ducks have rallied down from two games, but Cogliano knows there is still work to do.
2. James Neal: He scored in the first game of the series, but has been quiet since then. He needs to get going in this crucial game.
With the early start time there was likely no more skate per Eric Stephens. Any changes won’t be known until the pregame skate unless the Ducks or Bruce Boudreau announce any beforehand.
Nashville Predators Projected Lineup (Per Dailyfaceoff):
Injuries: Craig Smith(Lower Body Injury)
Predators: Pekka Rinne 2-2-0 GAA 2.76 SV% .894% (Probable)