By Michael Walters
The Anaheim Ducks and Nashville Predators will do battle one final time this season. The game starts at 7:00 PM PT today.
You can listen to our latest podcast discussing how the Ducks turned the series around by clicking the video below or here: DucksNPucks Podcast
Keys To The Game:
1. 60 Minutes: The Ducks have to come out strong right off the opening face-off. If the Ducks want to exorcise the demons of playoff failures past, then they can’t come out tentative and hoping to win.
2. Physical: Nashville came out strong physically in game six. Anaheim can’t hold back at any point in this game and has to go all out in order to win this contest.
1. Repeat Performance: Nashville will look to their last game’s performance and attempt to repeat it in this contest. If they can build off that victory, then they could prevail in this game and be looking at facing San Jose next round.
2. Keep It Close: If Nashville can keep this game close, then they have a good chance to win. If they get behind by a few goals like they did in games three and four at Honda Center, then their season is likely over.
Players To Watch:
1. Corey Perry: He came really close to scoring a few times in the last game and has been held without a goal in this series. No better time than this game to get his first of this postseason.
2. Andrew Cogliano: He is one of the few players that has been through the last three game seven losses. Expect Cogliano to bring his best again tonight as he has been so far in this series.
1. James Neal: He had an assist and the game winning goal in game six. He has also been a physical presence on the ice for Nashville.
2. Shea Weber: He is tied for the team lead with four playoff points(2G + 2A). He has been playing top minutes for Nashville and solid defense against Anaheim’s best players.
Clayton Stoner is available to play and indications are he will draw in for Shea Theodore.
Simon Despres – Clayton Stoner
Nashville Predators Projected Lineup:
Injuries: Cody Bass(Lower Body Injury)
Ducks: Frederik Andersen 3-1-0 GAA 1.26 SV% .955% (Probable)
Predators: Pekka Rinne 3-3-0 GAA 3.02 SV% .889% (Probable)